Senior Network Engineer
Senior (5+ years of experience)
Senior Engineer / Help Desk
- Have you been in IT support for at least 5 years or more?
- Do you now, or have you ever worked for a Managed Service Provider (MSP)?
- Have you been through a ransomware or other malware event and gotten the client back online and operational?
- Have you subnetted and/or VLAN'd a network for efficiency?
- Are you the escalation point when nobody else has the resolution?
- Are you certified in any of the following:
- Do you have experience with ConnectWise or similar products?
- Do you have SENIOR level experience with firewalls, security, network routing/switching, cloud networking and WiFi?
- Are you personable, communicative, positive, energetic and like working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment?
If so, we’re looking for YOU!
JensenIT is a Chicagoland MSP that has been in business since 1991. That’s 30 years in the business-to-business IT space, and we’ve seen a few things, and if you’re still reading this, it sounds like you have too.
We’ve got a diverse clientele ranging from attorneys to medical, accounting and even fabrication. There’s no cookie cutter or one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to offering IT services. We tailor our services to each client to (queue the catch phrase), Power Their Business Success. As part of our team, you’ll sometimes experience technology solutions that you’ve never seen before, or haven’t touched in quite some time, or may even be brand new and cutting edge. Our technicians are constantly being challenged to grow and think outside of the box. Did I mention we offer training reimbursement and certification bonuses? Technology changes fast and we want our support team to be looking at new solutions that solve, or better yet, prevent problems.
Our business grows on relationships. Our clients are like family, many of them have been with us for decades. We are always looking at ways to make their technology better, safer, and more productive. We want your experience AND your personality to shine. You’ll become a trusted advisor, a member of their team, a confidant, and a first-call, go-to resource. Yeah, it’s a bit like going to a holiday gathering and having everyone want to bend your ear about which laptop they should buy.
The SENIOR HELP DESK TECHNICIAN is a skilled, efficient, 'buck stops here' position where the level 1 and 2 techs escalate issues to when they can't resolve them by 'Googling' or searching our KB. YOU are the answer person. YOU create the knowlege base articles for others to follow. YOU have the experience that comes from having been there and done that. If you do not have the experience to teach others, or be the highest escalation point, this position does not apply to you.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, have a positive attitude, like technology and keeping up with the cat and mouse security game, then we’d like to talk to you.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- IRA with company match
- Industry training reimbursements and certification bonuses
- Company laptop and cell phone
- Health and Dental insurance
- Bonuses, commissions and advancement opportunities
- Comp time and PTO to offset occasional night or weekend work
If this sounds good to you, send us your application and let's talk, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for our growing organization.
Check us out online at https://www.jensenit.com
Job Type: Full-time