Deciding to start a business is a big shift in a person’s life, but it can be extraordinarily rewarding. Regardless of what business you plan on opening, there are some technologies that can work to make your new business easier to manage and can help you transition into the world of entrepreneurship. Let’s go through four technology tools the small business startup needs.
Before we start, we are going to forgo the obvious technology tools that a business will need like some form of computer and a high-speed internet connection. Every business is absolutely going to need these things. What we are going for is a list of things that the new business should consider to enhance their ability to hit the ground running.
#1 - Management Software
For the longest time, technology wasn’t something that a new business had to consider. They would acquire technology when the analog processes got too complicated. Today, technology has to be at the forefront of any business’ plan. This is largely because of the reliance on digital technologies for ordering, payment, and more. If you are starting a new business the best tool you can start off with is some type of management software that can help you track customer relationships, track employee time and performance, and just give you a centralized view of your business.
A piece of software like a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or some type of project management solution can go a long way toward providing you the tools you need to do more off the bat. Management software can help you.
- Save time - Since scheduling, time management, ordering, and support is done through the same piece of software, you and your employees will save a substantial amount of time.
- Stay coordinated - Management software has an integrated calendar feature to help businesses track tasks, assign work schedules, and be more collaborative without having to rely on multiple pieces of software.
- Get results - Scheduling work, completing work, selling products and services, supporting those sales, and getting paid are all extremely important. A centralized management software can help your new business work effectively from the start.
#2 - Voice over Internet Protocol
Every new business needs reliable communication tools and a Voice over Internet Protocol phone system can provide any business with the communication tools needed to conduct business reliably and efficiently. VoIP is powered through an Internet connection rather than through a phone line. This reduces costs and provides any new businesses with three major operational benefits. They are:
- Easy to set up - Since a hosted VoIP solution is billed monthly by the user and runs through the Internet, setting up new accounts or removing accounts is a breeze.
- Give you the tools you need - Not only do you get a reliable business phone solution, it also can provide you with video conferencing, instant messaging, and a whole host of other tools designed to help your business manage its communications.
- Improves mobility - Every VoIP account can turn an individual’s smartphone into a work phone through the use of an app. This will help new businesses that don’t have a lot of capital, to gain mobility immediately for no extra charge.
#3 - Cloud Services
Obtaining the hardware and software needed to run a business can put a lot of stress on new business owners. With cloud computing, new entrepreneurs can acquire the computing they need as a service. There are options for applications, security, even full computing platforms available from some of the most noteworthy technology companies on the planet. This not only can help you control your technology costs, but it can get your business the tools it needs to succeed immediately. Some benefits include:
- Anywhere-anytime access - Any cloud platform can be set up to be accessed from anywhere with the use of a high-speed internet connection. This can not only help improve mobility, but it can make it easier for your staff to access the applications and data they need when they need it.
- Fully-managed - The cost of managing, maintaining, and backing up the data is carried out by the service provider. This is a massive benefit as you get a secure computing environment, application, etc. without having to pay thousands of dollars a month to manage it.
- Many options - As we mentioned above, anything you can do on a computer you have in the room with you, you can purchase in the cloud. There are so many tools that can help new businesses succeed. You can get management systems, collaboration tools, productivity tools, physical and cybersecurity solutions, Point of Sale systems, even VoIP systems in the cloud; up and ready to go in a matter of minutes.
Technology can be a massive benefit for the new business. If your new endeavor needs technology, or simply a professional opinion of what would work best for you, give our experts a call at (847) 803-0044 today.